For the first time in over 50 years, we are celebrating this new year in a Post-Roe world! This new year celebration feels more cheerful and promising than it has in many years, as we now truly have the ability to protect life in so many of our states. This year holds the hope that each of our 50 states will choose to live in a culture of life. This being said, annual resolutions have never been so crucial as a way to reflect on what’s truly important in our lives, and we should pause to pray and reflect before writing down our resolutions in our journals.
If living through a global pandemic has taught us anything, it should be that we must never take life for granted. Every single life matters - no matter how small! Let’s strive to live out that principle in some specific ways this year. So, here goes! Life Tribe, here are our 2023 New Year’s Resolutions:
1. Only support brands that protect life and further family values: We’ve seen companies come out so far as to pay for employees’ abortions, travel costs, and hotels, and as brands and companies are becoming more and more staunch about supporting a culture of death, we must have laser-vision about supporting a culture of life. Make that a goal this new year- to find a pro-life alternative to every home essential item you regularly purchase!
2. Share the message of Culture of Life Fashion with one person each month: Although we hope it’s more often than that, even if you share the message of spreading a culture of life through fashion with one person this month, that person can spread the message with others they know, and you will be creating a snowball effect! You never know the good that one positive word, one impactful statement about human rights can do.
3. Pray for a return to a Culture of Life in the USA daily: We must work for a culture of life, but the most important thing we can do is pray. Pray to God that our country leaders, officials, and lay people return to the Lord, because only then will we be able to have a truly peaceful country and world.
4. Live an authentic Biblical life for Christ, resisting the pop-culture and temptations the world is offering: Sometimes it’s easy to preach about living a certain way, but it’s 10 times harder to actually put that into practice. If practicing what you preach has been a struggle for you in the past, let this new year be the time you strive to live a genuine life. None of us are perfect, and we all fall, but if we truly strive to live an authentic, Biblical life, God will be with us to guide us along the way.
5. Share the message of Culture of Life Fashion virtually: Every day, our world becomes more and more digital. While there are pros and cons to this, it’s an undeniable reality that we must take and use in a healthy way. Consider sharing a post from Culture of Life Fashion on your Instagram story, or post a picture of you wearing the “1972” necklace and see what kinds of comments you get. “If you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for anything.” This has never been more true. Stand for something - both in person and online! 2023: a year of hope, beauty, and love of life! Let’s come together around these resolutions and truly make this year the best we’ve ever seen - both in the Pro-Life Movement and the Christian community at large. Happy New Year!